First Ever QDMA Level I Deer Steward Course in Canada
September 8-12, Cayamant, Quebec at Eastern Canadian Outfitters
with a fishing package included
The Canada course will be unique in that it's composed of both instruction and R&R time, is limited to 20 attendees and is all inclusive with on-site lodging and fishing for lake trout, northern pike and bass. The course will focus on the four Cornerstones of QDM: Herd Management, Habitat Management, Hunter Management, and Herd Monitoring.
The Deer Steward I courses provide a comprehensive understanding of these cornerstones and includes Continuing Forestry Education (CFE) credits from the Society of American Foresters (SAF).
Deer Steward QDMA's individual certification program. This program includes three levels of potential achievement, and each must be completed in sequence.
- Deer Steward I will provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the key principles of deer and habitat biology, ecology and management.
- Deer Steward II will teach students how to apply the principles learned in level one through hands-on and field experience.
- Deer Steward III, the most prestigious, must be earned through an individual’s long-term service to QDMA, and/or the white-tailed deer
In-person Canada Course (Level I only):
$1,300 Non-QDMA Members (includes a QDMA membership)
$1,250 Regular QDMA Members
$1,200 QDMA Life Members, Sponsor Members and Corporate Sponsors, Partners and Supporters.
Cost includes instruction, most meals, a course handbook and CD, five 1-year QDMA gift memberships ($150 value), coupons for "The Shed" and Life/Sponsor memberships (10-35% off) and a framed course certificate. Travel and lodging are not included. Once your course application form has been received and processed, you will be provided instructions regarding lodging, directions to course venues and a list of suggested readings prior to attending the course.
How to Register
- By phoning the QDMA National Office at: 800-209-3337
- By faxing a completed registration form to: 706-353-0223
- By mailing a completed registration form to:
P.O. Box 160
Bogart, GA 30622
Once all openings for the courses are filled, applicants will be placed on a waiting list for the next available course in the order their applications were received.
More information is available on the QDMA.com website.